Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The "Mariposa" Coin Mini Album

Hello everybody!

Today I've finished a coin mini album. It took me 2 days to complete. The album is not "filled" with embellishments, but looks very pretty (sorry that the pictures cannot reproduce even half of that beautiful look), because of the papers which make the most of the work :)

I'm into doing mini albums. Maybe it's because of my husband's constant question when I show him some new card I made, he gives the proper compliments and then asks with one eyebrow lifted: "Are you going to make anything else, and not just cards?" :) He constantly encourages me to try new things! :)

Sometimes it's not good to jump from something which you still don't know how to do properly to something else, which is even newer to you, but overall, when I don't feel like making another card, I enter You Tube to get an inspiration.

So, I saw this YouTube video, liked the idea and the size of the mini, found a tutorial about constructing it, looked at my paper stash.... My eye caught a stack of papers I've recently purchased - DCWV "the Mariposa", and it's size was perfect for the mini! So I got down to work, and today "ta-da" - the coin mini is ready! It measures 6.5" X 4" X 2.5":


Oh, yeah, I was talking about this paper:


As usual, I placed a charm on the spine, I've also made a bird nest from a piece of wire and 3 pearl beads. You can find lots of tutorials on this on the Internet:



I know that to the real professionals of mini albums among us, this may seem very simple, but for me comparatively to the stage of "professionalism" (on purpose I'm placing this word in quotation marks) it's acceptable :)

As I've already said, the papers are so beautiful that in the beginning I didn't want to add anything else at all. Then, I found a Bonjour sticker sheet by Kaiser Craft  in my stash, and it also had birds and butterflies on it, so I decided to incorporate it somehow on the pages. I love the result! It's so nice to turn the pages of this mini & to flip all the flaps :)))

I'll upload a lot of pictures now, so be careful :)




Top view on the hidden hinge binding system:


Side view (each page has a tag inside):


On the first cover page (and also on the last one), I've glued additional flaps with a magnetic closure:




Nearly each page has belly bands, so that it would be easier to place pictures there (in case I would prefer not to glue them down):























That's it!
If you have never done a mini album, you should definitely try! It's so much fun!!!
Today I've purchased several new paper stacks (by Graphic 45 this time), and I already can't wait to start a new mini :)

Cheers!
Thanks for visiting!

I want to try my luck in the following challenged (most of them are cards challenges, but still):

1. Say it With Flowers @ Crafty Catz : - say it with flowers
2. Anything Goes @  Simon Says Stamp
3. Ribbons and Pearls @ Crafting Musketeers ( I have pink pearls on the cover and organza ribbon under the lace)
4. Anything Goes @ Papertake Weekly


7 comments:

  1. I know there's always something great to see here Alexandra, and this is another exceptional creation. The paper is so gorgeous and the way you used theme orally showcase each every one of them. Thanks for the link to the tutorial, I will watch it and see if I can make a mini album.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creation Alexandra with gorgeous detail from cover to cover.
    Thanks for sharing the link. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. וואוו. כמה סבלנות צריכים בשביל להוציא לפועל כזה אלבום!! מדהים. ענת

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked a paper choice and great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. פשוט מדהים!! איזה יופי של אלבום. כל דף ודף כל כך מושקע. כל עבודה שלך יותר יפה מהקודמת.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is beautiful! Those papers are stunning and look so pretty by themselves! I am glad your husband encourages you to try non-card projects because your mini albums are breathtaking! I can get lost on youtube for hours looking at mini album videos - LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!