Monday, November 13, 2017

Penny's Paper Doll Family - Play Set and Mini Album + Tutorial

Hello everyone!

I couldn't hold myself off creating a play set with the paper dolls using the ‘Penny’s Paper Doll Family’ collection by Graphic 45, but I wanted it to be functional too, so I combined the play set idea and a mini album together.

An album has 6 dimensional envelope-style pages for at least 10 pictures each, as well as a little vellum envelope which holds all the cut out figures of the dolls and their accessories. The envelopes are bound to the spine with the twine and the whole construction is flexible and easy to flip through. The album has a fabric cover and is kept closed with a ribbon.

There is a video tutorial for this project and I hope you will enjoy creating a similar album. In the beginning of the video you will also find an overview of the book.

The decorative chipboard that I used throughout the album is from Studio Prosto Nebo.





The video tutorial can be found here:


Some more pictures of the finished project follow:















Graphic 45 Products used:
Penny's Paper Doll Family 8x8 Pad
Penny's Paper Doll Family 12x12 Patterns & Solids Pad
Penny's Paper Doll Family Chipboard
Penny's Paper Doll Family Ephemera Cards
Staples - Metal Clock Keys


6 comments:

  1. מהמם, ממש ארון בגדים מושלם!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are so amazing Alexandria!! I had no desire to purchase this collection until now. Juse couldn't see any way that I would make anything out of it - but this is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing project! I used to love paper dolls as a child, and can't stop admiring this!...it is gorgeous!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful album play book for the paper dolls! And I love your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!